Vocational Counselors Wanted!
Do you have an interest, education or experience in human services? We have needs in many localities in Virginia. Put your skills and passions to work helping individuals with disabilities and Veterans achieve independence and employment. This is not an office job. Exact hours will depend on your clients' needs. You must have a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, ability to plan your day and then shift gears, if necessary, to accommodate last-minute developments.
Provide supported employment, life skills training, and related services to persons with disabilities across Virginia. At least a Bachelor degree in a related field and related experience is required. Signing skills are a plus. This position requires a self-starter with computer and time management skills, who can work a flexible schedule. Good driving record and documentation of adequate insurance required. Compensation based on education, skills, and experience. Part Time and Full Time employment will be considered.
Specific job duties include:
* Assess client skills and abilities and requirements of specific employment situations for the purpose of job/client matching;
* Write Individual Service Plans (ISP), for each client outlining all goals, objectives and methods of evaluating goal attainment;
* Maintain required documentation on each client;
* Prepare written reports in the appropriate format for the referral source on a monthly, quarterly, or as-needed basis;
* Communicate with employers at local businesses to develop employment opportunities for specific clients with severe/most severe disabilities;
* Assist clients with application and interview process and coordinate arrangements for job placement;
* Train and counsel clients, in competitive employment, using systematic instructional techniques, compensatory strategies, job adaptation/modification and positive behavioral support techniques;
* Monitor and evaluate client work performance by collecting skill acquisition and production data and obtaining feedback from client, employer and coworkers, providing additional training or intervention as needed;
* Provide on-going assessment and follow-along services as needed and authorized;
* Provide Independent Living Skills & Life Skills Training, to clients in community-based, individual settings;
* Prepare written materials for clients, employers and counselors;
* Communicate with referral sources and other service providers on an on-going basis in a holistic approach to providing long-term service to persons with severe/most severe disabilities, including the need for (and use of) authorized hours in advance;
* Perform intake assessments;
* Provide job site consultations and backup support as needed;
* Advocate the employment of persons with severe/most severe disabilities with family members, service providers, and employers through one to one and group presentations;
* Participate in the process of achieving and maintaining CARF accreditation;
* Use a computer and telephone effectively;
* Communicate effectively with clients and staff verbally and in written form;
* Manage time effectively and have availability to work various hours of the day and night;
* Complete paperwork in a timely manner;
* Attend and actively engage in Employer Network meetings;
* Attend and actively engage in Supported Employment Provider Forums;
* Obtain and report relevant ongoing education;
* Participate in appropriate rehabilitation professional associations;
* Assist Director in training new staff;
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Flexible Work Schedule
Education and tuition reimbursement
EOE/VEVRAA Federal Contractor - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Compensation: Compensation is based on qualifications, education, and experience.