Thank You to Portsmouth YMCA!



My region-wide staff meeting was scheduled for yesterday at the Portsmouth DARS. As we continue to grow (my region is as 20+ staff members!), it is getting more challenging to find a good location and time/day for everyone to meet, especially since I have people coming from Williamsburg, Eastern Shore, and Surry.

We showed up at 8:45am for the 9am meeting and learned that the Portsmouth DARS, where we were holding the meeting, had unfortunately experienced some flooding over the weekend with Hurricane Matthew and it was not safe to meet there.  I started brainstorming and thinking of other places in the community that could accommodate us so last-minute.  I called the YMCA on High Street and when I explained what happened, they immediately said we could use one of their classrooms and allowed us to use their facility free of charge!

This allowed us to hold the meeting as planned and for me to disseminate important information to help my counselors do their job.  It is very unlikely that we could have rescheduled for another day and had everyone join us.  Major kudos to the YMCA for helping us out!

Comments

Popular Posts!

A Brother and Sister Team Find Independence with Supported Employment

Michael Powell: One Client’s Compassion in Action

2 billion people will need this tech by 2050: Injured vet shares the good and bad

Breaking Barriers in the Hospitality Industry